Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thrift OOTD

I'm a sucker for black and white. It's classy, easy to find matching accessories (in this case I used my roommates cat, but you could also use something more practical like a purse), and never goes out of style. Last week I found this Banana Republic chiffon shirt at Goodwill for $3 and I absolutely love it! It's hard to see in the pictures, but it has a few delicate ruffles in the front along with some unique "petal" action happening with the sleeves. Today, I chose to wear it with leggings (because I'm short and most normal sized shirts end up being long enough for me to do so), but I also think it'd be cute paired under a blazer with dress pants for a business professional look or tucked into a skirt. Since it's cold out today, I left it untucked and wore it with a longer black cardigan to make it more suitable for the whole winter thing. I probably have at least five more black and white thrifted chiffon shirts stowed away somewhere in my closet, but who knows when you might need that sixth one…! :)


Shirt: Banana Republic (Goodwill, $3)

I have to admit that I'm new to this whole blogging thing and was at a loss on how to display clothes on here! I'm not a huge fan of selfies and spent forever trying to make my clothing look exciting hanging on a wall (top right picture) but after looking at the results, I decided it wasn't going to cut it. You know when you're shopping and find something that doesn't look too exciting hanging on a hanger but know it has potential to look better once you try it on? I'm running into that problem a lot here. I finally gave in to the dreaded selfies…we'll see if they stick around. Let me know which display you like better, or if you have an entirely different idea. I'm up for anything!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :)