Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Like eBay? You're going to love this!

Before I got really into thrifting, I used to be OBSESSED with eBay. It's kind of like thrifting…only you can do it from your couch at weird hours of the night, and things magically show up at your door a few days later. Plus, instead of taking the time to go through piles and racks of stuff, there's that friendly little search box at the top that does the digging for you. You can get some amazing deals, it's quick and efficient…what's not to love?

Well, my friends. I have a little secret to share with you--and this one goes out to my true vintage appreciators and eBay obsessors specifically. Did you know that Goodwill has it's own online auction site? No? Neither did I (until the other day when I got the suggestion to go there). It's called ShopGoodwill.com and it's basically Goodwill's equivalent to eBay, where they list a lot of items that might do better online--I've noticed a lot more collectors items, true quality vintage, and luxury brands (Louis Vuitton, Coach, Burberry…I'm staring at two Vera Bradley purses (sold together) for $6. My finger is about to accidentally slip on the bid button…). Basically, I'm in love because now I can thrift any time of the day, on my phone (there's an app!), or at home when I'm trying to procrastinate doing homework!…kidding, but you get the idea. It's super convenient and you can score some awesome deals just like you would on eBay, but possibly even better.




Here are some reasons I'd suggest checking it out:
  1. To my knowledge, it's a little bit more under the radar and not as well known as eBay, which I would chalk up as a pro--your bidding competition might be a bit lower because of this. 
  2. Because of the magic of the internet, you're getting to shop at over 70 Goodwill thrift stores at once, giving you access to a wider range of items (again, minus the digging) that is searchable. 
  3. Finally, the money you spend on ShopGoodwill.com still goes to the same great causes that the normal Goodwill retail stores support, so if you're particular about your thrift stores and where your money goes, you can still trust that your money is going toward a great cause and making a difference. 
You're welcome in advance for the secret (all I ask from you in return is that you won't bid on those gold Tory Burch flats I've got my eye on…!)



P.S. My roommate just found a six foot palm tree floor lamp (with lights that look like coconuts) for $12 on the site that she's getting for her future apartment in Florida. Clearly, there's bound to be something for everyone no matter their tastes :)



4 comments:

  1. Awesome find Natalie! Checking it out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! You'll have to let me know if you find anything good! :)

      Delete
  2. wow thanks for the heads up headed over to check it out im your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I wish someone would have told me about the site years ago--I hope you find some great deals, and thanks so much for following! :))

      Delete

Leave a message! :)